Siemens simatic s5 : CC - EU communication problems

kalpal

Hi,

I would like to know if one can use a 6ES5721-0CD20 instead of 6ES5721-0CE00.
If anybody has information or datasheets for 6ES5721 - 0XXX0 please forward it to me.
Any information or help is most appreciated.

Regards
KalPal

The 721 cables should all be the same (except the length). A Siemens catalog from 1988 (here: http://www.automation.siemens.com/salesmaterial-as/catalog/en/st5098_e.pdf ) on page 3/85 lists the different part numbers and lengths.

You've checked that the terminator is installed at the last card in the line, yes? It's been a while since I did S5, but I remember that's an easy way to not have things work.

thanks

Thank you Kalle and Ken for your replies.

I have gathered information from Siemens AG that both the cables are same but different lenghth. That rules out the cable problem. I am looking at ordering a new power supply and rack. will update as soon as i track the problem.