PanelView Plus 1000 not communicating to ControlLogix PLC

Syrist

I have a PanelView Plus 1000 terminal and I'm having trouble communicating to a simple ControlLogix PLC over ethernet. I have the PanelView's ethernet IP and subnet set (static) and the rslinx enterprise path shows the communication path to the PLC (extracted from another working PanelView). Yet, it's not communicating.

I'm able to ping the PV and get a reply from some other computer on the network.

Any ideas?

-Pete

Post the actual error message that appears in the Diagnostic Display. Maybe this is communication, and maybe it's a problem with the Shortcut definition in RSLinx Enterprise, or maybe something else.

Make certain there are no IP conflicts by isolating the network or disconnecting each node during a PING -T test from your computer.

Syrist said:
I have a PanelView Plus 1000 terminal and I'm having trouble communicating to a simple ControlLogix PLC over ethernet. I have the PanelView's ethernet IP and subnet set (static) and the rslinx enterprise path shows the communication path to the PLC (extracted from another working PanelView). Yet, it's not communicating.

I'm able to ping the PV and get a reply from some other computer on the network.

Any ideas?

-Pete

Was this a working PV+ and stopped communicating after a change, or a new install.

If the install is new, you need to select the box as below only for the initial download, assuming the local Rslinx Enterprise path has been set-up in the Target

new_install.jpg