PID controller using PLC

mmarinr

Which are the main and basic principles for implementing a PID controller with PLCs???

I do know that most of the PLCs have programs that make the PLC work as a PID, but I want details about those programs. Is that program included on the PLC software. How can I access that program once on the graphic interphase of the PLC? Any other detail you might think is important??

THX!!(y)

mmarinr said:
Which are the main and basic principles for implementing a PID controller with PLCs???

I do know that most of the PLCs have programs that make the PLC work as a PID, but I want details about those programs. Is that program included on the PLC software. How can I access that program once on the graphic interphase of the PLC? Any other detail you might think is important??

THX!!(y)

Welcome to the forum

As you have not quoted a brand of PLC it dificult to give an answer.
If the PLC has PID available, and you are using the program, then going to the help files will give you answers to your question.

It's not so much an included program that makes the PLC work as PID, but rather PID instructions available for you to use in writing your own PLC program.

As Gil mentioned, how that is accomplished varies alot between brands of PLC, so if you can give us a clue about which PLC you're interested in, we can give you better guidance.

thanks a lot. i'm not actually working with a PLC, i'm more like doing a "homework" for an university course.

i got some info on the micrologix1200 allen bradley so maybe that would clear some of your questions on my question... lol thx again!