produced/consumed tags

Freak

Hi All,
I have a new project that is rapidly taking shape and will be using CLX processors (one I know for sure is an L32E compact logix the otehrs will be Control logix I just don't know what ones), the supplier of several machines is asking about produced/ consumed tags, I know that the processors can do this but I have never looked into this before. Is it very complex to manage (I am delaing with 2 suppliers one in Germany the other Aust) the German company have doen this before the AU company haven't and their equipment will need to be integrated to each other. I will be having all PLC's on a common Ethernet network and there will be approximatly 11 PLC's as well as a PV+ touchscreen and B+R ZenOn screens (around 5).
What I am after is basically some pointing in the right direction, is the produced/consumed easy to set up over more traditional messaging? What if any are the pitfalls? Does this chew up a lot of bandwidth on the Ethernet network (I wil be using a managed switch but there are already around 50PLC's and touchscreens on the network on managed switches)?

Any experience including problems as well as solutions is appreciated!

hi, go to ab web page and look for a manual called "common procedures" the explanation is very clear.
On the same page go to knowledge base and look for produced consume tags yhe explanation is fine too.

hope this will help

A serious pitfall can be the non functioning of the producer/consumer model when redundancy over Ethernet is used. Message statements must be used to work around this.

Steve