sms-plc

SMS from PLC

Hi cris,
I don't know about Omron plc but there is provision to send SMS via plc systems. i have experieced National instruments Lab view 7 which have same feature.

Hi!

Option A: If you need high features sending SMS and you know how to manage a RS232 communication with the Omrom PLC you can do it with a GSM modem, ie, Siemens TC35i. But you have to send it the AT commands and the SMS text via RS232 port. Only recommended for avanced programmers. Tell me if you need the AT commands.

Option B: If you don't need high features sending SMS, use a GSM device that can be programed from the PC (texts of the SMS, phone numbers) and can be controlled by the PLC using digital outputs (each device's input sends each SMS). You can find easily this devices in the web.

Option C: If you need high features sending SMS but you are not an advanced programer, change to Siemens S7-200 and use Nubitek SMS Manager, this is a add-on for managing SMS communication, really easy to use.

Regards

Lorenzo Rivas

The CPM2A is pretty basic quite frankly. Consider changing to a CP1L PLC which has all the bells and whistles of the CJ1/CS1 series PLCs. Is cheaper than the CPM2A as well. About 400 odd functions including excellent text handling etc.

Here is a link on how to do it
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?download=205