TI model 530 upgrade

sparky1860

I have an old TI model 530 controller.Does any one know if I can upgrade this with a new Seimens PLC and retain the existing program.
Thanks

Siemens dropped mfg.of the TI PLC line a few years ago. But, CTI now produces it: http://www.controltechnology.com/

You will have to remove the entire chassis, and install a new 505 series chassis.
Are your RBC's connected via coax? I don't think you can get coax connections, on the new PLC's, most of the later ones are RS485. I'm sure there is a solution , just may cost more than you expected.

You should be able to change the hardware, and load your existing program without any major changes. Since the new processor is much faster, there may or may not be timing issues. Contact CTI and they will know help you through the upgrade. I have found their tech service to be very good.

We did a conversion several years ago from a TI530 to a TI575 (pre Siemens) and used the existing old I/O remote racks. The 575 is a VME buss processor and rack. We were able to use an RBC (remote base controller) in the new rack to comunicate with the existing I/O along with a GE DCOM (?) communications card to talk to 4 new GE DC drives. The program had only changes to access the new drive logic.