Equal Percentage Valve control.

How would I convert the 4-20mA analog output from logix5000 so that the ouput becomes non linear thus turning the actual action of a equal percenatge valve into that of a Linear valve.?????????

Use a program (see link below) to create a nth degree polynominal. The results of which is the output to your valve.

fit.jpg

http://curveexpert.webhop.net/

Last edited:
It's a logrithmic function so you will need a pretty high order polynomial to fit the curve.

The equal percentage function is well defined mathematically. Take a look here. I would put the equation in the plc and scale it that way.

Keith

Similar Topics

Have you guys ever run into an issue using GE proficy that sometimes, even after uploading from controller, that the Program and PLC will not be...
Replies
Views
In this project I wanted two pumps to alternate between lead and lag. The controller is a Micro810. I'm using a counter to dictate whether pump 1...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Day two on working on the 90-30 controller I posted about yesterday. I was able to connect to it via Proficy Machine Edition (8.6) and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need a little help. I’m looking for a way to program integer values to activate a bit for an alarm. for example... If any Integer[0] thru...
Replies
Views
Continuing saga from an earlier service call... My customer has a machine with a 90-30 PLC. We couldn't get logic equal by uploading the program...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom