GE PLC will not go equal

SouthernStang

Have you guys ever run into an issue using GE proficy that sometimes, even after uploading from controller, that the Program and PLC will not be equal?

I have a particular PLC that is running fine but when ever anyone tries to make the PLC and their local project equal, it just refuses to do it.

I have even crated a new blank project and told it to down load the the PLC, it did, gave me no errors and I can see at the logic and variables etc but it still tells me they are not equal.

The only other thing I know to do is wait until the plant is down, and stop the controller and then try to go equal.. its strange

What version of Proficy?
What is showing as not equal, configuration or program?

In general, when the program in the PLC was created with a different version of Proficy than what you have on the PC you're using, Proficy will still say not equal after pulling from the PLC to the PC (upload). To achieve equal status you will need to send from the PC to the PLC (download).

What version of Proficy?
What is showing as not equal, configuration or program?

In general, when the program in the PLC was created with a different version of Proficy than what you have on the PC you're using, Proficy will still say not equal after pulling from the PLC to the PC (upload). To achieve equal status you will need to send from the PC to the PLC (download).

Proficy 8 SIM11

Funny is this hasn't been a problem before. I have uploaded from the PLC just earlier yesterday morning without an issue.

When you "Verify Equality", you should only do Hardware and PLC Logic.
If you add the values of the registers, the they will rarely agree, due to changes in counter and timer values, or anything else you are running through registers.