Advice On OEE Package

aidamcg

Hi all

I am beginning a project at gathering OEE data from 2 production lines at first and if successful to more lines. The main things I want to collect are uptime, Downtime, Fault time and the outs, Fault counts etc. There would be approx 25 fault messages per machine. I want to have the capability in the future to add temp, pressure etc to the system and trending them.
I am looking for peoples opinions on what they are using,have used, have installed and would recommend to use. The PLC's are all AB namely contrologix and SLC 500. We have an RS view 32 scada package in house recording oven data but the system is old 6 years plus. It is version 6.5 and was installed before I started working here. Could this be upgraded to accomplish what I need or do I need a complete new package. I am just getting familiar with this at the moment and it seems eay enought to use.

The only experience I have with OEE was in my last company but it was in house built and fairly extensive. I ahve used excel and DDE to collect data but I have no real experience in off the shelf packages. My main experience is with AB equipment so would I be better to stick with them. What Packages do they have on the market for my application.
I have looked at wonderware but I am wondering on the cost. Is it based on the amount of tags used and if so how many would a typical installation require. Is it more user friendly than any of the AB packages.
I see from a few posts that Inductive automation is recommended for price reasons and that it can be viewed on multiple PC's. Is this package difficult to integrate. My last question is how much PLC programming will be involved in getting any package to work.
Any replies greatly appreciated.

Aidan