Rs Logix

my employer is having desktop with flopy drive with RSview+logix software and i am having Laptop without floppy drive and with same software. now my question is how can i copy the activation key from my company desktop to my laptop, even i visited the rockwell knowledge base and searched for software there is only to move but no bdy giving how to copy so that it can work on both

I can only speak to the non-Factorytalk "Classic" version. Use the "Move activation" utility. The trick is that you'll need to share the root of your C drive on the laptop (with write permissions). You'll then need to map the share as a network drive (z:, for example) in Windows on the desktop machine. The utility will allow you to move licenses from C:\ to Z:\ on the desktop.

Your other option is a USB floppy drive on the laptop.

shivaprasaad23 said:
my employer is having desktop with flopy drive with RSview+logix software and i am having Laptop without floppy drive and with same software. now my question is how can i copy the activation key from my company desktop to my laptop, even i visited the rockwell knowledge base and searched for software there is only to move but no bdy giving how to copy so that it can work on both

shivaprasaad23 said:

Unless you want to move your key to your laptop when you want to use the software, you will have to buy another key for your laptop.
There is no function available to copy keys, you are only allowed to move them.
You need a seperate key for each machine you wish to run RSLogix on.

Correct - I misunderstood his intent. You can move the key all you want, but to run 2 copies you'll need to purchase another.

MartB said:
Unless you want to move your key to your laptop when you want to use the software, you will have to buy another key for your laptop.
There is no function available to copy keys, you are only allowed to move them.
You need a seperate key for each machine you wish to run RSLogix on.