Traffic Signal Project

tk_323

Hi,
I am working on a Traffic signal project where the signals are set to constant timing sequence.My probelm is,
For example i am setting 45 seconds for a red light to enerzize using a timer. During this 45 seconds if any vehicle is detected and waiting for the signal and no vehicles are detected for 10 seconds(i.e. low traffic) on the opposing lane then the signal should change and go to the previous state/sequence. Now in the opposing lane no vehicles r detected in 10 seconds then signal shold change and if detected before 10 seconds, it should continue to check taking the present vehicle at 0 seconds.

I am RS logix 500 and i made the ladder logic for the constant timing sequence. I am stuck after that...

karthik.

thank you for the reply.
i am trying to open the rsl file "logixPRO TRAFFIC_LIGHT_EX_3_SMARTLIGHT.rsl" found in downloads. my revision number of RSLOGIX 500 English is 2.57.0.0
it cannot recognise the rsl file and i am not sure how to read the file in the current version of software that i have.
please could you let me know how to open this rsl file.

thank you

Ahh yes. The ones that I was refering to are under the Logix Pro tabs. You will have to purchase Logix Pro software. It is extremely reasonable($30 for the download or $40 for the CD key version). It comes with a simulation package and some starter tutorials. You can find it at www.thelearningpit.com . My apologies. I am dealing mainly with Mitsubishi stuff but someone else could probably steer you in the right direction.

Edit: Logix Pro is based on Allen-Bradley. Easy for you to convert from one to the other.

craig

i got the logixpro simulator and with the trail version was able to run the program from download section. it gave us a good idea about how to measure the traffic flow rate and adjust traffic lights.
i appreciate this help.

karthik

Karthik,

When you get your RSLogix Traffic program working, I would like to see it. Would you post it, either printed to a PDF file, or a ZIPped RSLogix file?

Thanks,
Lancie