Siemens TIA Portal V15 4 way intersection with Traffic Lights

The RED/AMBER is standard over here, usually a delay between going RED in opposite direction then RED AMBER & then finaly GREEN, not sure it is any safer, but then again does not make much difference as there are always plenty of red light jumpers, but only on those lights that do not have RED light cameras lol. speaking of which, we have a road near me that I use to visit my step daughter, in 30 miles I think I counted 34 speed cameras of which I believe most are two way detection. that does not include the ANPR (Automatic Number plate recognition) cameras

When I am at a red, I'm always watching the other direction's yellow and red.

Not to jump early, and I always check for someone running the red, but also to make sure I don't go late either, to be kind to the folks behind me. I've seen lights timed that only three or four cars make it through, because of the 1-2s delay at each car.

This was all prompted from living in northern New Jersey for a while, where the time between the light going red and the horn behind you honking was less than a PLC scan cycle.

That is funny, it reminds me of many years ago, approaching a green light & I was slowing to stop, it turned red & I carried on, fortunately nothing coming the other way, just one of those moments brain cells working backward lol.