HI
we have frame 9E GE gas turbine 4units
and we have ABB dcs control system type procontrol p14
please can any one tell me why it used the opc server
between GE speedtronic control system and ABB procontrol p14
DCS control system?

please answer

Hi kakil.

I do not know the GE or ABB systems mentioned, but I do know OPC.

OPC is an open standard for exchanging data between Windows based PC software, and field devices or PLCs.
OPC is used in particular when there is a mix of vendors like in your case. In your case I believe there must be an OPC server for the GE gas turbine, and the ABB DCS is then an OPC client.

thanks Mr.jesper

but can you tell me which processes contain or which software
contain i want more information on it in depth
I will be so gratfull for you,can you explain to me?

Basically, an OPC connection will provide the exchange of data in the format of BOOLs, INTs, REALs etc.

The actual setup proces of both OPC server and OPC client will vary with each particular software package.
In the case of the OPC server, you typically setup a path (for example via an communication adapter in the PC to some kind of network), and then declare an "OPC topic" which is typically a PLC or field device.
In the OPC Client, you can then define tags that use the OPC topic.

This is the official OPC website:
http://www.opcfoundation.org/

Hi Mr.jesper

please can you tell me which data it will be transfer from
GE markVI control system to ABB procontrol system?

you know GE use tag system for coding the feilds
and ABB uses KKS coding system.and what is the job for the
opc server here?if iwant to get an reading for example (pressure transmeter)on the operatore screen what can i do ?if you have
some help file can you send it me on
[email protected]

Hi again kakil (drop the "mr." please).

Like i said before, I dont know the exact specifics of neither the GE nor the ABB systems.
The OPC link only provides the connection between the two systems.

You have to investigate the documention for both systems.
Look for a description of the GE data formatting, and with that you can probably dissect how the ABB DCS code accesses that data.