programing for lift elivator

kaushik

i have to make programe of elivator , it have 3 floors have ne one done before plz i want copy, m trying but its urgent
m using s7,

dchartier said:
Hello kausik;

Please show us what you already have, we can help you expand on that.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

hello sir i have elivator lift which have to operatates on three floor its now with contactor logic i have to operat with plc
it have inter lock like that u can not operate if ne door is open, i dont know how to locate its location whether its 1st 2end or third floor 7 if i give it command of 2end floor how it can stop on 2end floor

lift elevator

Dear Kaushik,

I have done few lifter programming in malaysia. back here we use omron,mitsubishi or nais plc. first before you start programming you have to prepare the concept for floor detection weather you want to use limit switche, sensors or positioning unit, door detection, overtravel,overload detection ( weight ) method of operation or floor calling method.

if you need i able to email you the programme for lifter in cx programme. but still the ur design and mine need to confirm.

regards,

ravi

Let me just get this straight....

1. This is not an academic exercise but a real application?

2. From the sum of your posts to date you are a beginner with limited experience?

3. You intend replacing the current 'hardwired' control system for a quayside crane personnel elevator with a PLC?

Bollo says..."I've got a bad feeling about this"

yes i intend replacing the current 'hardwired' control system for a quayside crane personnel elevator with a PLC?

:eek:

With the greatest respect, If you need to ask how to implement something of this nature - you shouldnt be doing it.

Kaushik,

I once did what you are planning to do (convert Elevator relay logic to PLC logic). Get an elevator expert to check your work before testing the elevator. Look here for "Elevator" Excel spreadsheet:

http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Misc

Guys, before you jump all over Kaushik for attempting this, lets get the full story. It could be that leaving the elevator like it is now creates a much larger safety hazard than an amateur working on it. I have been in that situation also--see "History" in the above spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Coin Toss... Dice... Straws...

How to decide who rides first? So many options...

In all seriousness, please be careful. None of us want to read about a fatal elevator accident involving an improperly programmed PLC.

If this is a real-life project, there may very well be extra safety requirements for this system. In that case, it will almost certainly be required that a qualified, certified, specifically designed elevator system be installed by equally qualified, certified individuals -- not some home-brew system in which the programmer is really not sure of himself. There would be a huge legal liability if someone were to get hurt or killed!!

At least that's how I would view it here in the US. Don't know how it is in India.

...Don't know how it is in India.
Exactly.

If I were one of the crane operators, dock workers, or maintenance men, and had to climb 40 feet on an open ladder in all types of weather (or risk riding in an elevator controlled by a PLC program designed by Kaushik whom I have known for many years and is reliable and trustworthy) then I know which I would choose.

Last edited: