.Net Communications with Siemens CPU300 (CPU319)

MikeMechEng

I'm new to Siemens and am trying to establish a connection with a .net application. I found an example on Siemens website, but it is VB6 and I am having trouble converting it. Anyone have a good place for me to start or have some example code I could fidget with?

Thanks,

Mike

Does Siemens supply an ActiveX control for the communications?

If so, the example can be ported fairly easily to .NET because the .NET enviroment allows use of ActiveX controls fairly easily.

Hmm...weird...It's all of a sudden working...I don't think I made any changes either.

I'll look into libnodave as well, just in case.

Thanks for the help, even if it may have been user error :)

Similar Topics

Anyone ever set up communications like this? Trying to assist a plc instructor with making a lab up for a local junior college. They have both...
Replies
Views
Hey gang, I am out of my comfort zone with this task. I have to get a ControlLogix to broadcast about 100 different tags to a Siemens S7. My...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a project where I need to get information from two ABB ACS880 VFDs onto the plant operator's screen (or alternatively, onto...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone! So I'm trying to get different data from my Eaton DG1 VFD to my studio project. So far my research has led me to something called...
Replies
Views
We have a cell that was done by an integrator. It has lots of intermittent comms issues that sometimes are minor and sometimes doesn't allow you...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom