HMI for Osisoft PI advice

walter592

Hello everyone,
Currently we are using PI historian for engineering to view historical plant data and near live data. For this we are using PI process books. We now want to install an HMI for the operators to view trends, bar charts near live date etc. Using PI process books requires alot of custom VB code to provide a decent HMI. Any recommendations on an alternative? I would like to keep the custom code to a minimum so this reduces the software verification costs.

Thanks

Would you be wanting to query the PI database or the control system directly?

PI can do OPC and most good SCADA products support OPC DA, plus if you can hit the control system directly most good SCADAs also support many IO drivers.

Please elaborate a little so we can help.

This would be for monitoring only, no control. We are using PI server version 3.4.3xxx. All are interfaces to field devices are already engineered and communicating with PI.

Thanks

hello,

I want evalution version of pi historian..if u have any idea then please send a link if possible..
There is a superior Data Historian product from Instep Software which lets you create visual screens without writing any code. They also have condition monitoring software that can be integrated in. They have a way to evaluate their software.

I have done work for a major power supplier in Texas where they use Pi Historian as well. We implemented the ModbusTCP driver into that which allowed me to get my wireless Temp readings into Pi and also allowed me to use a Red Lion G3 HMI to remote view that data and other very easily without having to write any VB code. We simply map the data over to the Modbus registers and then the G3 reads those. Here is an example of the wireless in action with a screen shot of Pi of the temps. Example

Joe_WaZoo