AB L35 processor

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all. Where I come from the price of a compact logix L30 processor is approx $1300 (AUS)list. I was told that the L35 processor was going to be approx $4600 list which seems a big jump and puts it in the control logix price bracket. Anyone have any ideas on comparitive pricing of these 2 items. Not dollars just a % difference will do. Regards Alan Case

If this is true - that the L35E processor is priced 250% over the L20 - then I think that it is a political price more than anything else (the 1769-L35E must not compete with ABs own ControlLogix).

Looking at it in one way: The 1769-L35E is priced approx 35% under a ControlLogix + 1.5MB NVRAM + Ethernet Card. So the -L35E seems to be LESS expensive.

Looking at it in another way: The SLC5/05 is priced 150% over the SLC5/03. So with the similar comparison of 1769-L20/-L35E, the 1769-L35E seems to be a LOT MORE expensive.

150% seems more realistic. Shame they took such a huge step, something a little less high end would have been nice. Oh well
when have they ever listened to the consumer?

Re: Price

DaveMac said:
L35E with min memory was about $2100 each but I got 28 of them.
Do you really mean to say L32E ?
If they really are L35E, then you did get a nice discount.

Does anybody have a firm list price for the 1769-L31 ?