Encoder Questions

Basic differance:

Incrimental encoder:
outputs a pulse stream as it rotates. Basically just an on off on off on off, etc. Good for determining speed and distance.

Absolute encoder:
outputs a binary number called greycode. for example, an 8 bit absolute encoder will have 8 outputs each corrisponding to a bit in an 8 bit binary number. i.e. 10010110. This number corrisponds to a specific point in the rotation. Useful if you want to keep track of the position of a rotating object.

thank you for the information. Is there anybody out there that has a encoder that is 24v input an 24v output with just a single channel

Similar Topics

Could anyone tell me in the attached program how the MM_Per_Rev value is L#334. I attached the Program, GSD files. Minimum Position is 0mm...
Replies
Views
Good morning to everyone! I am new to PLC programming and for our college exam we have been asked to program a micro PLC dl05 to make a linear...
Replies
Views
Sorry in advance for the long post, but this requires a little back story. I work in a facility with a couple hundred VFDs Most are in a web...
Replies
Views
I have an application using an incremental encoder and then I convert it to degree (0-360) using calculation program. For a while, the calculation...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, so please forgive any omissions or mistakes. I am attempting to control the velocity of a stepper...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom