PV+ 1500 Keypad on DH485 Questions

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

Couple of question about the PV+1500 with an RN6 module fitted

First the DH485 termination connector, terminal 6 states terminating resistor but i cant find anywhere that explains the use of this ??

Second the unit is Keypad only (not touch) but the mouse cursor is in the center of all screens, is there anyway to turn the mouse cursor off ??

The mouse can be turned off in the set up as well as many other settings.
I thought I had a link to a note that showed how the risister is used but I can't find it.

The mouse cursor can be enabled or disabled in the Terminal Settings -> Display -> Cursor configuration selection.

RA Knowledgebase document ID # 25503 describes this as well as the navigation for earlier firmware and VVCE terminals.

The DH-485 trunk connector on a 2711P-RN6 module works just like those on any 1747-AIC or 1761-NET-AIC. The Pin 1 "termination" terminal is connected with a 120 ohm resistor to the Data B terminal internally.

Jumpering the Data A terminal (#2) to the Termination terminal (#1) connects this resistor between Data A and Data B. Only do this on each extreme end of the daisy-chain. See the rest of the DH485 documentation for the shield drain connection.

Thank guys.

Ken - I am replacing an old PV1400, this is connected to a 5/04 in this fashion

5/04 - AIC+ - AIC - PV1400

Resistor at each end

So presumably i can do this

5/04 - AIC+ - PV+ ?? And use the terminals term 6 term resistor ?

Also i remember reading a previous post from you regarding the Linx Enterprise setup and having the DH+/DH485 set to comm port 2 as comm 1 is the rs232 on the terminal, is this correct and where do i find this (In FT VIEW)?

PS I did look in the terminals config but missed that one about the cursor!