Deleting/Modifying Tag Name in InTouch

MadMaxx

Greetings Everyone:

I would like to know how to delete and/or modify a tag in Wonderware InTouch.

The current tag is an I/O integer tag, but I would like to modify it to an I/O discrete tag if possible, or otherwise delete and re-create it as an I/O discrete tag.

I have tried the method for updating use counts followed by deleting unused tags, but to no avail for this particular tag.

Being an I/O integer tag, the only other options InTouch will permit in the select tag type dialog box are: memory integer, memory real, I/O real and indirect analog.

A switch to I/O discrete is not listed as a possibility from within the dialog box itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,
Max

The update use counts will only allow you to delete the tag if it is not used anywhere. No scripts, windows, or logging. then you can update use counts and delete it. You should be able to do a search for the tagname if you are not sure where all it is used.

Thanks for your rapid reply, Alan.

Honestly, I do not believe the tag actually *is* being used, which is the really ironic thing about this situation.

So how might I use your recommendation and go about searching for where Wonderware is saying the tag is in use?

Can you tell me what the procedure would be for conducting a tagname usage search?

Thanks for your assistance with this. I really appreciate it.

Max

Actually, I'm working on the problem right now...

I am working with the InTouch Cross Reference Utility at the moment and it appears there have been a couple of uses of this tagname in 2 other applications...

Please keep the helpful tips coming... (although it seems that I'm answering my own questions at this point... ;-D)

Max

I would like to start by thanking everyone for their contributions, first and foremost.

I was able to make some progress using the cross reference utility dialog box in that I was able to modify a script that had been erroneously using the tag name to begin with.

Evidently there is still one more script in use that I do not know how to access to modify or delete the unwanted use of the tag from within the application.

It shows up as a branch under the tagname in the cross reference utility window and is entitled: "Animation Link Use," "Scripts," "At (320,90) by (328, 105)."

How can I proceed to access this animation link/script so that I might mitigate the unwanted use of the tagname from this script?

Thanks for your help.

Max

"Animation Link Use," "Scripts," "At (320,90) by (328, 105)."
The ino from cross reference should also show which graphic window has the script.

This is the position(320,90) and dimension on a screen which has a script.
Open a page and move mouse to those positions (Look at bottom right of screen for the actual mouse position)
Look fo a button or target or box etc.

Open properties and the script will be in there somewhere.