Patchn's New Logo - Please take a moment to vote

While guest can view the poll now, they can't vote. If your not a member over there just reply to this thread with your vote

TW

Good - it's obvious now that the thread is a poll. You might even add "(login to vote)" to the question for additional clarity.

TWControls said:
While guest can view the poll now, they can't vote. If your not a member over there just reply to this thread with your vote

TW

I finally registered on the site. I have visited many many times, but never registered. I did so, and voted.

If you decide on the Underdog logo, I would suggest making certain that there are no trademark or copyright matters in that I would think that Underdog is the property of (I think) Hanna Barbera. If you are using it for a site specifically, there may be issues of rights related to promotional useage of the property of another company.

I'm sure most people have seen that picture hanging on somebody's cubicle wall of a decrepit looking dog. It says "Lost Dog" in big letters and in smaller type adds, "Three legs, blind in one eye, missing left ear..... answers to the name of Lucky".

If we can't use Underdog, then I can't think of any other iconic dog that better represents Ron. Educated in the school of hard knocks, not afraid to get into a battle, but still generous with his time and talent, and on many occasions expressed the opinion that he'd lived a good life.

and well, let's be honest - who're they gonna sue?

They would go after the owner of the domain...which is Ron's estate, in essence Ron's wife (more than likely).

I would think the last thing she would want would be any more legal matters.

The difference with avatars used on forum vs. a forum using an avatar to promote its site should be obvious. The site is benefiting from the use of an image from a known entity to enhance its presence. If that site doesn't own the rights to that image or have permission to use the image, it would be violating the trademark rights of the entity that does own the image.

By simply writing to the owner of the image and requesting permission to use the image could prevent a headache later on.

There have been many discussions on this forum regarding the rights to programs developed and who owns what. This is no different.

I personally think they (the owners of the copyrights) could care less....

Its not like patchn is making money, it is a free service that Ron started anyone is able to view the information that is there, if it was members only... then you may have to care

They are not going to sue anyone, at worst they will tell you to change it, no big.