Omron

finskhan

I am newborn in omron and using first time OMRON Sysmac CPM2A with Cx-programmar 3.1.I want to upload a programme to my laptop.but there is some problem to upload because connection Between PLC and laptop failed msg is appear on the screen.the LED of PLC communication blink during communication but no response to upload.what is the true procedure for upload/download and there setting in Cx-programmar.please tell me detail about this.i will be thankfull

Hello finskhan,

Are you connecting via the Host Port or Peripheral port?
What are the Network settings that you are using within CX-Programmer?
Do you know what the PLC port is set to?
If you don't know, you could try opening CX-Net (Network Configuration Tool), and from the "Project" menu, select "Scan serial ports..."
Select all baud rates, and the relevant Cable type, click "Next"...
If you are lucky, it will find the PLC, and should enable you to determine what the Network settings should be set to within CX-Programmer.
Hope this helps.

Are you connecting via the Host Port or Peripheral port?
What are the Network settings that you are using within CX-Programmer?
Do you know what the PLC port is set to?
I am using Periphiral port. network setting are plc device is CPM2* and network type is SYSMAC WAY baudrate is 9600,evne,2 stopbit,8 and COM port 1,these are the setting.I also scan ports but thereis no reponse to Connect with PLC.Massage display "connection failed"

Hello finskhan,
Connected to the peripheral port, you'll be using a CQM1-CIF01 cable then?
In which case, you should change the Network type from Sysway to Toolbus.
Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the driver settings, as these need to match those set in the PLC. (Do you have a hand-held programmer?).
One other thing, when scanning the serial port, did you select "Sysway" or "C, CV Toolbus" as your cable type? If using a CQM1-CIF01 cable, you should select "C, CV Toolbus"

Hope this helps.

Finskhan,

You may want to check your settings:
Default is SYSMAC WAY 7,E,2, 9600.
I had notice that you had indicated 8 data bits in your last post.

It is possible that they were changed, but, I always try the defaults first. Auto-Online will as well.

Couple of questions:
1)Is the connection between your labtop and the CPM2A a direct connection (i.e. Are you using a built in serial port on the PC)?
2) Do you have any other PLC manufactures software loaded on your PC(Some just do not like to play nice with others)?
3) Do you have or can your buy/make a serial cable for the Host Link port?
If all else fails you can toggle the switch next to this port which will apply factory default settings (9600,7,E,2,SYSMAC WAY). Using the CBL-202 you will be able to get online and view what settings the peripheral port was set to.(y)

1)Is the connection between your labtop and the CPM2A a direct connection (i.e. Are you using a built in serial port on the PC)?
2) Do you have any other PLC manufactures software loaded on your PC(Some just do not like to play nice with others)?
I am using built in serial port on my labtop
i have another PLC software installed in my labtop S7 and microwin

I gather you are connecting from the serial port on your computer to the serial port on the CPM2A. Are you using a standard serial cable? If so, it will not work. You require a special cable for Omron PLCs.

Here is a link for the cable you require
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?download=74
The cable part number C200HS-CN220-EU is the cable you need to make.

Hello finskhan,
In which case, try my other suggestions - set Network type to Toolbus 7 E 2, or scan ports using "C, CV Toolbus" as the cable type as opposed to SYSMAC WAY.

Keep us informed...

I am sending my settings pictures that i done in CX-programmar.now i want to download my programme in PLC but when i want to connect massage display "connection failed".PLC suply LED is green.But PLC donot go into Run Mod.

Have you tried 'auto online'? You can then get the settings in the PLC.

I am sending my settings pictures that i done in CX-programmar.now i want to download my programme in PLC but when i want to connect massage display "connection failed".PLC suply LED is green.But PLC donot go into Run Mod.