Cp527 S5

lufego

Hi,

I need some help about a Cp527 working with a CPU928 S5 PLC.

I must to convert this system to an S7 PLC, but I don´t have whole information I need. There are several S5 Fb´s that I can´t convert: FB130: Anlauf, FB141: Put, FB142: Get and others. All of this Fb´s are protected and I don´t know their function.

I supposse those Fbs are related with CP527.

Somebody has an idea about what can I do?

Also I need Com 527 software. Can I download this program ?

Thanks in advanced.

Luis.

Some warning with Step5 standard FB program users.

Read their manuals (descriptions) carefully, there could be used some Merkers (Flags) usually above MW200 (FW200), so be carefylly with them in your own program.

CP 527 is old COROS stuff, think it went out in 94/95...
I can't imagine you are trying to connect the S7 to COROS monitor,
in which case you are upgrading the SCADA system as well, I don't think you have any chance with S7 / COROS

So...best to ignore the CP 527, its functionality is going to be replaced by driver for whichever SCADA you are trying to connect to.

With regard to how COROS works, there is a lot to be found in the Data Blocks of the S5 system, all the COROS does is graphics, which are held on the CP527, and pass keyboard inputs to the PLC where they are investigated to generate commands.
The data blocks will hold text for Alarms and screens,
if you can figure these out then its the best basis for clean rewrite
to S7 in that you will be able to locate the Alarm bits and Coros command bits.
Use this info as basis for replacement and don't even try to deal with the COROS stuff. The handlng blocks won't convert and their functionality is completely tied into driving screens which modern SCADA will replace.
CP527 was programmed with COM Graph / MT, (don't have a copy)

tadg

Yes. I need to replace Coros system for a ProtoolPro.

My main problem is how to know if the Fb´s that I can´t convert (FB130, FB141, FB142...) are been using in order to manage CP527 (in that case I will ignore it) or if are using for other jobs (in that case I will have to know what are their function in order to make the conversion)

Luis

I have the same system s5 135 u contain cpu928b and cp 527 communicate monitor by r.g.p cables.
I havnot the com graph software to download the cp blocks.
So how can i us other siemens touch monitor and communicate the cpu directly?
Whats blocks can i change?
How can i do that?

Thanks

Hi!
If the data amounts are small and the data are compact in few datablocks, you could have a look at this AS511-TCPIP adapter from PI.
http://www.process-informatik.de/produkte/s5-lan

I used it recently on a 95U with a Simatic KTP1000 touchpanel. From the panel, it looks like it's talking to an S7 via TCPIP.

Mind the low performance. 3-4 datablocks/second, max 64DW each. You can use other touchpanels than the KTP1000 - I found it to be very primitive.

You ask what blocks to change. Can't tell or guess, but with the S5Lan++, the CPU is a server and just responds to send and fetch telegrams from the TouchPanel. You don't need any comm-related blocks as the adapter uses the AS511 protocol directly on the programming interface.

Kalle

Dear all
I want to know how to transfer application from PG to CP527 using COM GRAPH . it's the best if send me manual for using COM GRAPH