MP/OP270 Backups

johnmck66

I am trying to obtain backups for clients.
Getting a "firmware imcompatible upgrade OS" type message.
I cannot upgrade the OS without destroying data in there. Any ideas?
Using WinCC 2005 flexible.

Are you using Prosave ?
What version is your Prosave ?
What firmware version is there on the panel ? (you can use Prosave to get this information).
Sounds more like you are transfering from WinCC Flexible to the panel, than the other way.

Hi Jesper
I tried Prosave as well, I cannot get online to the panels, I just see them on the MPI. I will have to get the other laptop out to verify my verison.

My Prosave is V7.3.2.0 - WinCC Flexible Advanced V2005 SP1 Build K1.1.1.5_1.3.0.4.
I tried to use backup under:project>Tranfer>Backup as well as the Prosave Option connected via MPI, I also tried a serial connection on a TP170 using similar methods, but still get a similar message. I took a dump of the error but cannot find the damn thing now!.

DO you have a copy of the old HMI software called Protool, on the installation CD will be an older version of Prosave - i'd try and backup with that if you can.

Ill try and find a link to an old prosave downloaded that was posted on here.

I think that Prosave must "know" the firmware on the panel.
In the OS Update dialog there is a window that shows what image version is selected. Compare that with what you get from the button "Device status".

If they do not match, try to use the browse button (the one that looks like [...]) to select another image file. On my PC, for MP270B I have image versions 0.1.18, 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

I have Prosave circa 6.0 I think, I will dig it out and try it. As or images - I need to check that one out. PUTA is Siemens at times!