Siemens OP270 project recovery.

vernon1

Hi all, I need to modify some alarms in an OP270.
Could somebody help me with correct procedure for uploading from this type of HMI.
Can't find a clear manual.

I have Protool ver 6.0 and a standard RS232 null modem cable.

Kind regards..

Shaun.

Hi Shaun.

Is there a CompactFlash card in the slot in the rear of the panel ?
If so, then there is a slim chance that you should be able to use the Upload function.
Simply connect the panel and the PC with the IF2 port on the panel, specify the corret COM port and start Upload.
But dont hope for too much. If there is no CF card, then it is not possible, and if there IS a CF card, it was probably used to store alarms or recipes rather than the project file.

Hi Jesper, there is no compact flash card present. Is it possible to just upload the project from HMI into Protool then modify and download, or does this type of unit only store some kind of runtime file?

regards.

Check that the machine supplier did not leave a program archive when they left site.(Possibly floppy disks in the machine folder?) Failing that, give them a call - you could tell them you need backups of the software, rather than tell them you want to add the alarms.

Most integrators I have dealt with are pretty good.