Panasonic FP-e Controlled Smoker

Big John T

Panasonic Guru's

Can a Panasonic FP-e display be used to input time and temperature for a multi-step smoker control? I need to set 5 or 6 time/temperature combinations. Can this be done without a HMI?

I found in the help file the FP-e screen wizzard but for the life of me I can't find it in the program.

Thanks
John

you can use it to set time and temp but not 5 or 6 times, at least not and save them , you would have to input the time and temp each change . the FP-e is very limited for I/O as for the screen prg what program are you using ? WINPRO or WINGR??

Arle,

Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought that the FP-e might be limited. I'm using WinPro. My thoughts are to use a FP-X (recalling from memory) with a small touch screen perhaps. My buddy liked the FP-e because it was cheap!...

Thanks
John

John,

go with the FP-x and a GT32 HMI you'll be glad you did. I use all ranges of Panasonic PLC's and I use PRO, like it better than WINGR.

you will need GTWIN to program the GT32, I use that too. If you use the recipe feature of the GT you will be able to set your "steps" and save different "inner" prgs or recipes for your application

Well John There ya go , have used them a few times and they work great.
you can also make it with a "default" set of variables that can not be changed but loaded when needed. That works great for those "button" pusher types

Arlie