Mitsubishi OPC Server

Mike Carter

Is anyone using Mitsubishi MXOPC Server? I have version 4.20 and I am trying to figure out how to create a DDE link to the server in an excel spreadsheet. I do this with RSLINX all the time, but MXOPC does not have simple copy/paste link such as RSLINX. I am using Cimplicity HMI with OPC server and it finds the device as Mitsubishi.MXOPC.4. If I create a link in excel as =mitsubishi.MXOPC.4|topic!D2000 it wants to try and start an executable called mitsubis.exe.
If any one has done this I would greatly appreciate a quick how too.
Thanks
Mike

Not familliar with this server but are you sure it supports DDE, I know a lot of opc servers do but DDE old & will probably be defunct shortly.

Most opc servers come with the opc dll's so you could use vb in excel etc. to connect using opc & it's more reliable.

MX OPC 4 comes with MX COmponent, which is an ActiveX control you can embed via VBA with no problems. Check the manuals for MX Component.