new programme

downie

Can anyone help, I'm in the middle of writing a programme for a machine. At the moument I'm in a bit of difficulty, once the machine is fully closed i require it to stay closed for a set period of time then re-open for a set time (bump)then close again. Depending on the tool fitted will depend on the number of bumps required. So i think i require a counter in the circuit. Once the counter has been reached it will then stay closed for a given time(cure time). When this timer has elasped the machine will then open. There are two valves on the machine A being up, which is normally closed (no air flow). B being down, which is normally open (air flow). A and B not energized will maintain the ram down. A and B energized will allow the ram to go up.

Don't think we have enough information yet.
What type of PLC are you using?
How does solenoid A (UP) and solenoid B (DOWN) relate to open & close? Is UP = OPEN?
How many types of tools can be fitted? Do they all require different number of bumps? What does a bump refer to?
What happens on a power failure, does down solenoid operate (normally open, air flow)? Could this be dangerous if this happens?
What have you got so far?