Interlocks and Supervisions in S7 Graph...

userxyz

Hi,

I'mnew to S7 Graph. Because we write a lot sequential programs in STL we now have chosen for S7 Graph.

I've red about Interlocks (C) and Supervision (V) but I don't understand the explanation...

See this for example:

intercondit.jpg

An Interlock is an additional condition with the transition ?? Or how can I see this. And what's the advantage of a Supervision ?

I really wanna know what this is

Hej Combo

The interlock logic is used for conditional enabling of specific actions in a step. If the condition is fulfilled, then all actions condition with "C" are executed. Advancing to the next step takes place independent of the interlock condition.

The supervision logic is used for recognizing supervision errors and the follow-up reactions (stopping the sequencer and possibly acknowledgement obligation). Advancing to the next step only takes place when the supervison conditions are NOT FULFILLED and the error no longer exists.

With the interlock/supervison logic, you can setup messages to bee displayed in the alarm window in Wincc Flex or Wincc.

Best Regard
Jesper

Thanks

Thanks for the info, so, if I understood this right then in this example:

122313.jpg

"Floorc2" (Interlock) is a condition for "Carrmotb" in the step, but the is no condition for the sequencer.

When "LimswiF" and "LimswiB" are both active (Supervision), then the sequencer can not transit to the next step...

Did I understood this right ?

I've red something about automatic generated messages, that you can send to HMI with a SFC block... ?

lauu said:
Hej Combo

The interlock logic is used for conditional enabling of specific actions in a step. If the condition is fulfilled, then all actions condition with "C" are executed. Advancing to the next step takes place independent of the interlock condition.

The supervision logic is used for recognizing supervision errors and the follow-up reactions (stopping the sequencer and possibly acknowledgement obligation). Advancing to the next step only takes place when the supervison conditions are NOT FULFILLED and the error no longer exists.

With the interlock/supervison logic, you can setup messages to bee displayed in the alarm window in Wincc Flex or Wincc.

Best Regard
Jesper

What I also wanna know, you say that this especially for HMI messages... alarms...

What's a good way of working: when limit switch alarm:= V (supervision), so that the sequencer stops. And using the Interlock to make an alarm event, or am I understanding this completely wrong

Combo said:
What I also wanna know, you say that this especially for HMI messages... alarms...

No this is not especially for HMI messages, HMI messages is just an "easy" solution to show the user what is going on (HMI messages is an option).

What's a good way of working: when limit switch alarm:= V (supervision), so that the sequencer stops. And using the Interlock to make an alarm event, or am I understanding this completely wrong

S7 graph is a very big subject if you want to use all its functions so I recommend you to read the manuel again and try to play with the different function. That was what I did when I first started with S7-graph. Sometime I use interlocks/supervision and sometimes I don't, it depends on what you wish to do.

You should take a look at the "BLOCK Setting" under "options", here you can set the behavior of the sequencer, HMI messages and so on.

Hi dear programmers,Im a newbie in plc programming, i start using s7-graph to program a palletizer i wrote a typical program but im facing a little problem :I wanted to use the OFF_SQ input from the called block wich is generated by s7-graph compiler, i used it to stop the sequence once the emergency button or the stop PB are pushed but it seems that once the OFF_SQ input is active the whole seuences are desactivated and if i wanna go back to the normal executing i have to INITIALIZE the graph with the INIT input.I wish i could go back to the step wich at it the EM or STOP PB were pushed so the sequences could continues normally.If its not possible pls advice the best way to do this and what is the better method of writing sequential programs if s7-graph not highly recommanded.Best regards,Abderahim