Defining interlocks for the non-programmer

If we do an HMI - we always post an interlocks screen. I also always have all of the I/O on screens - with descriptions - so you can quickly see if an I/O point is on or off.

This is the easiest way to go that I know of, and most skids/HMIs developed by large SIs that I come across have something along these lines. An example from a recent project (I didn't create this HMI runtime):

3bSy8M8.jpg

Nice to be able to pull up the interlocks if something won't start/turn on and see what's holding you out. The red obviously would be green if the interlock is satisfied, which even people who aren't super well-versed would be likely to understand.

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone, I have a somewhat silly question. I've primarily programmed with Beckhoff PLCs in the past. In those, we can assign the string TRUE...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I am working on a project where there are 7 vents which have a cooling function with a S7-1200 station and a KTP Basic panel (1st.gen)...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I asked this question on the Codesys website and didn't have much success with it. I'm looking at a way of defining arrays for real...
Replies
Views
hi to everyone, we are using ISaGRAF for programming our PLC. The problem is that we want to change the IO boards of the computer that we use...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm trying to define a string array using Citects SCADA package and I've got an error that I can't shift. I've defined a variable of the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom