cip data table read/write

hokie

Does anyone know what the maximum number of elements for a cip data read/write is? Is it documented somewhere?
I seem to be able to only ~100 before the MSG block errors out.

I might be talking about somthing completely different, but I've looked at CIP scattered read with controlLogix and Powerflex drives. The max is 132 bytes which is 66 words, or 22 parameters. Book is Ethernet IP adapeter - Powerflex 20-COMM-E

When the MSG has been read, and DN will be active, then you need to reset the EN. I only mention this as I couldn't find that documented anywhere.

Does anyone know what the maximum number of elements for a cip data read/write is? Is it documented somewhere?
I seem to be able to only ~100 before the MSG block errors out.

I don't think there is a limit, CIP messages are "blocked" into 500 byte packages, and it may take several comms cycles to deliver all of the packages for a large message.

You may need to read the data into a buffer area, and use the message .DN bit to copy the received data into usable data areas to avoid "fragmented" data.

I don't think there is a limit, CIP messages are "blocked" into 500 byte packages, and it may take several comms cycles to deliver all of the packages for a large message.

You may need to read the data into a buffer area, and use the message .DN bit to copy the received data into usable data areas to avoid "fragmented" data.

Necropost alert!