CIP Data Table Write

fifty60

Hello everyone. I have a compactlogix L24ER PLC that I am trying to use to send data to a windows 10 PC. It works, but I want to understand why it works.

The PLC is using a MSG command to send a CIP Data Table Write message tot he windows PC. The path of the MSG command is what is confusing me. The path is 2, 10.10.225.32, 1, 0. The PLC is on a 192.168.1.20 IP address.

So the PC's address must be 10.10.225.32, right? But it is not, and it still communicates to it. Am I not understanding something about this command? The Path in the MSG command must be the PC's IP address, right?

Also, your PC can have more than one IP address assigned to it. Do an IPConfig command from a Command Prompt and verify all IP addresses assigned to that PC.

Is the PC running a virtual machine? The Virtual Machine could hav eit's own separate IP address assigned to it.

Do you know what device is at that IP address?

OG

Normally, one would have software on the PC that reads from the PLC rather than the PLC messaging the PC.

What software is receiving the data?