Red Lion G310 .pdf?

johnfarrugi

Can a Red Lion G310 display open pdf or spedific files from a computer on a network? I was looking to display part drawings or maybe operator instructions that would reside on our server. Can these displays do that?

Hello,

The G3 can only display JPEG or BITMAP files. An option may be to store your instructions as a bitmap image. Then using the MakePic utility you could have the images stored on a compact flash card and displayed on the screen.

Thanks
Jeremy

johnfarrugi said:
Can a Red Lion G310 display open pdf or spedific files from a computer on a network? I was looking to display part drawings or maybe operator instructions that would reside on our server. Can these displays do that?

Nice idea

Post it here as a request :) :) :)

JeremyH said:
Hello,

The G3 can only display JPEG or BITMAP files. An option may be to store your instructions as a bitmap image. Then using the MakePic utility you could have the images stored on a compact flash card and displayed on the screen.

Thanks
Jeremy

So you can't retrieve it from a network drive? Only from the compact flash?

You would retrieve it from the CF card, but you can sync the CF card with a pc's directory on the network using the FTP within G3

See here

Then you would need to use the FTPGet command to retrieve the file from the server and put it onto the CF card.

ftpget.jpg