Movitools via Step7

Ranjith

I have few SEW drives connected to a Step 7 via Profibus. Is there someone with experience to connect to SEW drives via MPI-->Profibus-->SEW?? Any help is appreciated.

Hi Ranjith,

Maybe this .pdf help you. Have a look in "6.5 S7-MPI".

Notice that if you want to connect Movitools via S7 to SEW drive, you need a software package for the PLCfor routing.

SEW Movitools via Step 7 Profibus (problem solved)

Just to let you know that I managed to connect to SEW drives OR MoviPLC's via step 7. I am using a CP5512 profibus PCMCIA card in my PC and connect to SEW drives/MoviPLC's via profibus. There are 2 other options called "Movitools via Ethernet and Movitools via MPI". But for both systems you need to create a hardware DB and some send/receive commands in Step 7. With profibus option you do not need to add any thing in Step 7. CP5512 is configured as a class 2 master. Pl take a look at the attached screen shots for more info.

Last edited:
Re:

Thanks Rajnith......your attached screen shot helped me alot to connect movifit drives from movitools via step7. :cry: