SEW Movitools via Step 7 ethernet

Ranjith

I have a couple of SEW variable speed drives connected on Profibus to a Step 7 CPU [with ethernet(Profinet)]. I am trying to use ethernet and profibus networks to go online with the SEW drives. I have the manual from SEW to set this up. I need to use FB31 SMLP server
SFB 52
SFB 53
DB89 Hardware DB.
I managed to find SFB 52 and 53. Could some one pl tell me how to create a Hardware DB and the location for SMLP server.

Thanks

Movitoolsviaethernet.JPG

Last edited:
I guess that with the SEW you also have a CD/DVD and on there there must be the S7 library to use with SEW , you have to includes these blocks ( FB's and DB's ) into you S7 project .In DB89 you have to put your hardware configuration .Also stabd to reason that you cannot uses these FB's and DB's in your own software.

This technology already replaced by TCI(tool calling intreface), so forget about Movitools connection via ethernet.
So far I have no chance to test this TCI, but seems good.