SCADA to business connectivity

karlritz

We’re a supplier of intelligent machine interface devices and software for production, productivity/OEE reporting, production scheduling, etc. We’re getting requests to interface our software to popular SCADA packages. Also, one of our dealers wishes to write an OPC Server interface to iFix, CiTect, RSView and our software. He says there is a need for a simple, user-friendly interface for the Business side of the Enterprise to the SCADA applications. We’re wondering if these are isolated cases or it’s a general need. Comments from SCADA users?

Its certainly not an isolated case, however most of what you have mentioned already exists within most SCADA manufactureres offers.

What system is the "Business side of the Enterprise" that he wants to interface too frokm SCADA ??

karlritz said:
No particular "system", just non-technical user-friendly reporting and monitoring via local LAN/WAN, Web, e-mail alerts, etc. However many users interface to ERP.
In other words it is a "Generic SCADA for bean counters" package!!

It probably does not help you in this instance but take a look at Citect Reports, most of the functionality you mention is there, web based reporting for non technical users, links to SQL etc etc