Red Lion Crimson Help.

Saint AAI

I'm having trouble getting an HMI to display decimal points. I'm trying to display pressures before and after a filter. The PLC is an old Omron C200HX and there are four 4-20mA inputs going into an AD003 module. Now in the PLC's code I have done a move of the raw data to a Data Memory area as I cannot get Crimson to veiw it directly (I'm new to this by the way). So I've created a tag for this value and I've tried to do a linear conversion of the data to get it to read in Bar with two decimal points on my screen. To try and acheive this I have set the "store as" with a range 0-4000 which I believe is the 4-20mA limits from the PLC, then I have set the "Display as" to 0-10 which is the range of the transducers in Bar. So how do I get my decimal points?? I've tried to edit the format of both the tag and the format of the real text box to add the decimals, but I can only get it to display 00 as the decimal. So what am I doing wrong? Is it because the tag has been chosen as an Integer and not a real value or something else?

Thanks for any help, Shane.

Last edited:
Got it to work now, chose the wrong txt box. Now using an Integer box instead of a Real one and changed the display as range from 0-10 to 0-1000.

Last edited:
Saint AAI,

You can also use the scaling feature to say go from 0-32768 and display it as 400 to 2000. Then change the Format tab to have two digits before and two digits after decimal points. Add the suffix of mA and your value will show 4.00mA to 20.00mA.

Joe_WaZoo

Thanks, thats pretty much what I've done for it to display Bar, will be adding lots more to the screen now I've got my head round it, such as a 4-20mA reading or perhaps a button which lets people choose between Bar, PSI, 4-20 etc.. Will also show the difference between pressures and put some alarms in as well as some graphics like guages.
Thanks, Shane.