please enlighten me....

ndzied1 said:

We got our 1st about a 18-24 months ago....

We now have 6 :) these are sweet (y) I will be getting more, I have the dumb ones, but I think they are ones now that are programmable, am I correct Norm? I just used a DL05 with them, I think it had up to 246 position?

But anyway... a big thumbs up on the robo cylinder and the price was right

geniusintraining said:
I have the dumb ones, but I think they are ones now that are programmable, am I correct Norm?

The actuators and controllers used to be sold under one part number which was very handy from an initial ordering standpoint. It became more confusing from a maintenance standpoint when you might have to replace a cable only or actuator only.

Now, most of the actuator products have a 2 in them such as RCP2, RCS2, ERC2.

The ERC/ERC2 product has the actuator and controller built togeher so it's still one number.

The other products now have a separate line item to order for the acuator and the controller and yes, there are now 2 versions for each actuator line. A version ending in CON which you call the "dumb ones" and a version ending in SEL which are the programmable ones.

So:
RCP2 Actuators use a PCON or PSEL controller
RCA Actuators use a ACON or ASEL controller
RCS2 Actuators use an SCON or SSEL controller

Another tidbit is that the CON type controllers support Modbus which the old controllers never dit.

Lastly, the SEL controllers have 1 and 2 axis versions. Previously, the only way to do 2 axes with IAI was the much more expensive XSEL controllers.

<disclaimer - I work for an IAI distributor>