PLC5 problems

Tim Hixson

I have 2 plc problems.
  1. I have an Encoder/Counter Module for a Allen Bradley PLC5. The module faults every once and a while (count gets too big before the zero command resets the count to zero) Is there a way to reset the fault in the status word? The only way I have been able to reset the module is to cycle power on the RIO rack it is mounted in. Any better ideaas?
  2. The last problem is with my DH+ network. Currently I have on the network is PLC5/15, PLC5/15, PLC5/25, SLC5/04, and Control logix PLC. If I connect my lap top to the network the network will crash. This means that I can not trouble shoot the equipment while it is running. The 1st 3 PLC's are part of the original network. We added the SLC 5/04 and the Control logix. This is when the problem started. I found "MSG" commands in the original 3 PLC's that were set up for "Continuous Run" in the Control Bits. I have not found a good explanation on what this means. I am deactivated continuous run, but the production manager is hesitant to allow me to connect to the network to see if this solved my problem. Can anyone explain "Continuous Run"?

From the manual

BookDefineofContinue.jpg

but probably not your problem.

Do you have the network daisy chained with correct terminating resistors?

Now that you have the messages CO bit disabled, what, if anything, is triggering them to repeat?

Are all the DH+ LEDS "happy"?

What are the DH+ addresses of each of the nodes?