RS Logix 5000 program comparison

hasan_ali

I have two ladders file developed in RS Logix 5000. I want to compare both of them but cant find the way to compare. Is there any utility to compare both ladders?

I have found that (with version 16 anyway) you need to SaveAs the programs into L5k version else you get an error when trying to compare the programs.

This is a great tool.

But it cannot compare an on-line program with an off-line program and if the off-line program is different you cannot go on-line without stopping the process and downloading the off-line version or uploading the on-line version over your off-line version :mad:.

CowDung said:
You shouldn't have to stop the process to do an upload of the on-line version...

No... but you have to make a copy of the file that you upload to or upload to a blank project, all taking time and effort. Give me the better PLC any day of the week.