OT Why did Nathan (SURFERB) spend his first night in NZ in jail ?

Lol, thanks Gil! BTW - I met Gil in person today in New Zealand from this forum. He was the perfect host. Quite a testiment to plcs.net! Has anyone else met from here?

Gil47 said:
Did Nathan drive on the right side of the road or the Left ?

Why is Nathan going to be hung up by his ankles tomorrow ?

All these and more can be answered by reading his blog at

http://nathangoestokorea.blogspot.com/

surferb said:
Lol, thanks Gil! BTW - I met Gil in person today in New Zealand from this forum. He was the perfect host. Quite a testiment to plcs.net! Has anyone else met from here?
Um yea...I met GIT. I would need a definition of a perfect host to make any further comments:D

I have met a few people from the forum.

I may have met some people for NZ when I was at a trade show at a race track or soccer field in Rotorua, NZ in 2002. We didn't where PLCs.net T-shirts to ID ourselves. I didn't keep track then. Now we have sales people that endure that flight.

I met Alan Case in Tumbarumba NSZ Australia. We were both working at the same saw mill but he was working in a different building. I did get a chance to see his sorter project. I have a picture of Alan. Alan was a good host but these was little time to look around and I had to fit this in around the schedule of the people I was working for.

I met Dave Emmmerich once when he had a project in the Portland area. We had a few beers ( naturally ). He liked our local Deschuttes Porter.

AllScott was in one of my RMC training class in Alberta. This was a few years back. AllScott was the best in the class and tuned the "system from hell". I don't often do the training classes. I have another one coming up in Houston in May.

I go to trade shows and met people, sometimes the customers from the forum come here to Delta. The last I met was Smoke from Utah. My main function isn't traveling but many on this forum have met other people from Delta. Some people live nearby like Rytko.

I met up with RMA and his wife while working in Germany a couple of years ago. I very nice, personable guy.

I haven't met Nathan yet, but I've met all of the other IA guys in Sacramento. Actually, considering how many plants I've visted over the years, I've probably run into quite a few PLCTalk members, but would have no way of knowing.

Karl M? Carl G mentioned that you were coming to visit. If I recall correctly I missed you by about a week. Can't believe I didn't think to meet up with GIT in Charleston for the couple years that I lived there until about when I left.

Not that it's along the way for most, but please, anyone drop me a line if you're going to Seoul.

What professional conferences do most attend? OPC events? Vendor specific ones (Wonderworld, Automation Fair)? ISA? Or industry specific ones?

S7Guy said:
I met up with RMA and his wife while working in Germany a couple of years ago. I very nice, personable guy.

I haven't met Nathan yet, but I've met all of the other IA guys in Sacramento. Actually, considering how many plants I've visted over the years, I've probably run into quite a few PLCTalk members, but would have no way of knowing.

TWControls said:
Um yea...I met GIT. I would need a definition of a perfect host to make any further comments:D

I have met a Tim.... Tim is just as bad as you would think he would be, just look at his website ;) and next time you pay for the pizza ((you still need to call me, I need to get you a PO number))

I have talked to many over the phone...

Nathan if you ever come back let me know... I need to get down there and pay Ron Beaufort a visit, I owe him dinner and I know just the place, she has her own tv show :) some good ol' southern cook'in

geniusintraining said:
I have met a Tim.... Tim is just as bad as you would think he would be, just look at his website ;) and next time you pay for the pizza ((you still need to call me, I need to get you a PO number))
Ok Ok...I'll get the pizza this time(y)

Oh, and I just tried calling you again...must be on the other line selling cables:whistle:

Last edited:
and quit playing on the internet, you have work to do!! I don't want to hear how swamped you are, and you can't get to me for weeks... :)

Hey, I kind of like being the customer :) this is fun...

EDIT:
Tim said:
Oh, and I just tried calling you again
Phone is down stairs :) ..... <singing> I can't here you :)

Last edited:
geniusintraining said:
and quit playing on the internet, you have work to do!! I don't want to hear how swamped you are, and you can't get to me for weeks... :)

Hey, I kind of like being the customer :) this is fun...

EDIT:

Phone is down stairs :) ..... <singing> I can't here you :)
This isn't playing...I prefer to call it customer relations and marketing.:)

And you know I never put you off, especially for weeks. I surely never blame my late deliveries on federal holidays and the post office:ROFLMAO:

I got to learn from Ron Beaufort in a one on one class. I finally found a teacher that has the heart of a teacher and not some guy just making a check.

GIT if I would have known you were in the same town as Ron, I would have bought you a cold one. Maybe the next goround.

JAK

Peter Nachtwey said:
AllScott was in one of my RMC training class in Alberta.

And it was at that class that Peter told us about PLCS.net and Patchn.com

I guess it goes both ways...

JeffKiper said:
GIT if I would have known you were in the same town as Ron, I would have bought you a cold one. Maybe the next goround.

Hi Jeff,

I'm a little north of Ron, but let me know the next time your there and I will try to make it down...

I am going to make it to one of Ron's classes before the year end... I had one of the guy's from my work go, he still talks about it, so now I have to go :)

Good to see such, ugh, professional networking!

I had meant to stop by and meet you too, Ron. I may have to try to stop by and see you and Tim when I'm back in Georgia - probably over the summer!