Win FPT Exception (Error 2229) when downloading to PV300

Fourpaw

Hey folks,

I can communicate over RSLinx to a new PV300 with using PIC/AIC+ driver.

I go to download and a WinPFT Exception pops up;

(Error (2229) - DTL_E_HARMONY_INVOKE_METHOD. Could not invoke method on RSHarmony Object.

Any takers?

Thanks,

What happens if you try to download by just clicking on file then download, without the File Transfer Utility. (see pic).
You need RSLinx for this.

dowload.JPG

Thats exactly how I was going about it but in the end it seems there was a problem with WinPFT. I uninstalled PB32 completely and then reinstalled it and was finally able to download.

If you use the method I posted the WinPFT utility is not used. Its point to point thru RSlinx. ( see snapshot from manual below for more info)

TransferMethods.jpg

Glad to hear you got it working.

I agree Mickey but for some reason WinFPT was still producing the exception. Anyway all better now...

Thanks for the reply.