Calculating RPM using High Speed Counter

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the world of high speed counters. I have Wago 2 750-404 100kHz High Speed counters which will be used to determine the RPM of a rotating turbine.

How would you guys typical do this? Would you sample the clock pulses over a minute? Second etc?

Anything else i need to be aware off?

The high speed counters I've used offer two modes, count mode (with gating etc.) or rpm measurement mode i.e, you configure the counter to calculate rpm for you. I've not used the Wago type though.

Similar Topics

Unitronics Samba plc I am working on a system that uses the High Speed input on a plc to calculate the rpm of a shaft. It is having issues with...
Replies
Views
This application has a motor with encoder feedback that drives a linear actuator that moves in/out, and is at roughly 45 degs from horiz. As the...
Replies
Views
I need to keep a running pass/fail yield of the previous 5,000 parts produced. I have used this formula before to calculate average: AvgValue =...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how to calculate the savings from now needing to run an air compressor all day? Basically I have a design that replaced 6 * 1"...
Replies
Views
I would like to refer to this document of which I used some data ...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom