OT: Finland

sapoleon

Hi there,
Is someone in Finland? Helsinki in particular?
I will be there this weekend, and needed advice on what to see... or where to stay... ( and yes, i know this is not travbuddy.com )
I will have to be on Monday in Tempera to work :) (first work trip).

btw, i'll be finally in Ireland for a week in May. :D

ttt - this one has a special place in my heart after a successful similar post about New Zealand!

Helsinki proper is probably not a very great tourist attraction - it is a relatively small and relatively new, nice and tidy city. Two objects of interest immediately come to mind: the Esplanade and Finlandia Palace. At the same time, the outlying areas are just plain beautiful: the forests, the lakes, the fiords, the granite rocks. Especially this time of the year, although it is much better in June, during the "white nights" (it never gets completely dark at night).

Of course it all depends on how much time you have - after all, while being in that part of the world, it is only a few hours ride to either medevial Old Town of Tallinn, right across the bay, or to the still-remaining splendor of the former Imperial capital of Russia...

what, can i say, it is going to be only helsinki, i just have the weekend before start working for a couple of days and return... very small trip this time...
i have in mind althoug, to make it there sometime, for a longer period...