Project in Finland.

When we did projects offshore we would try to have the panels built locally, including the drawings. This was principally a commercial decision. Shipping from the US to the EU incurs very large tariffs, delays in customs, and lots of paperwork to convince the US the product is suitable for export. We identified the system functions, sent drawings of similar panels built here with the US style ladder diagrams, provided any critical specifications, and identified any components that only had one specific source. After that we stayed out of the way, and they did the building, created drawings to their standards, etc. We had a local engineer to inspect and approve.

Not only was this better commercially, it also was good for relationships because we were benefitting a local supplier, showing confidence in their technical ability, and demonstrating we didn't suffer from overwhelming American egos.