short range laser

rodney312s

I am looking for suggestions for a short range laser that would dedect sheet tension with a range of around o to 15 feet. This laser would actually only be looking at about a 5" window and would need to have 4-20 ma output. Some of the lasers that i have already looked at only have a resolution of around 5mm. I'm just searching for some info on a good product that some of you might already be using.
Thanks in advance for your help.

i have looked at the banner LT3 series but i don't have any of them here in our plant that we are using. thanks

Last edited:
I used a micro epsilon laser sensor a few months back - I'll see if I can find a model number somewhere - it had resolution down to 0.1mm over 15 metres, and we found it to be very reliable.

Found this much info so far:
optoNCDT ILR (still can't locate an exact model number)

their website is: http://www.me-us.com/

Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:
I have recently installed a previously enjoyed Sick DME 2000 using a retro reflective target and 4-20mA out. The specs show that the DME 3000 is good for proximity (without reflector) up to 10 Meters (30'), resolution 0.125mm.

You can find info here and here.

Good Luck,

Brian.

Last edited:
I can second u-epsilon. I haven't used their laser for distance, but have for very precise temperature and the units are rock solid. They happen to be right down the road, and they are very good about loaners for trial.

rodney312s said:
I am looking for suggestions for a short range laser that would dedect sheet tension with a range of around o to 15 feet. This laser would actually only be looking at about a 5" window and would need to have 4-20 ma output. Some of the lasers that i have already looked at only have a resolution of around 5mm. I'm just searching for some info on a good product that some of you might already be using.
Thanks in advance for your help.

i have looked at the banner LT3 series but i don't have any of them here in our plant that we are using. thanks
I have used a Banner LT3 Retro on a drawbench with good results and the price was reasonable. The pull distance varies up to about 30 feet, but the pulls are slow. How fast of a response do you need? Check the Banner lit for the resolution and speed of a difuse-mode unit.