RSTrendX Saving and Logging

Its strange but the trends don't "start" until I go to that screen and wait for them to load the pens. The working one does do that, but right when it loads it pops up a windows saying that its loading the historical data. Any ideas fellas?

Data log model vs retentive tag

You say you are using a retentive tag, by this I take it you mean that you are using the retentive tag tool on a group of tags. If this is the case, it will not be retentive for a trend. What you need to do is set up a data log model, and put those tags you wish to display on the trend into the log model. Then when you create the trend, select the tags from the log model. Make sure you select the tags from the data log model and not just from the tag database.
If you've done that then the next thing to check is to see if the data log model is running. Did you select it to start from the startup selection in the system folder? From the RSView command line type the command DataLogOn [logname], if you see in the activity bar "datalog already running" then it is running, if you see nothing then the datalog has just been started. Try these suggestions out, and let us know how you do.

I figured out why I was going nuts...

Instead of using the grouped tags and reading the historical tag... I was reading the real-time tag.

Simple enough... right?

SocialDeviat said:
I figured out why I was going nuts...

Instead of using the grouped tags and reading the historical tag... I was reading the real-time tag.

Simple enough... right?

I don't understand...

Glad you got it, but... to me, 'a tag is a tag' and when you make a datalog is when it becomes historical, so you need to run that log and view it, not the real time...

But if you are using ME then I'm not sure, I have never used it only 32, this is why I asked.