Logix5000 indirect issue

johnfarrugi

I'm trying to copy the controllers datetime to a DINT[7] element of a UDT. Nothing happens. If I change the tag to the following it works "Products[0].Date_Modified_Created[0]" If I try it like this "Products[Product_Parameter_Edit_Selection].Date_Modified_Created[0]" it doesn't work

What am I doing wrong? The "Products" tag is 1 dimension 100 long. I know the tag "Product_Parameter_Edit_Selection" has a value of 4.

Also, in logix500 you could either display the indiect tag name or the indiect tag value. Can this be done with logix5000 too?

Last edited:
yes, I'm useing the GSV to read the wallclock, local time. I have the udt as my destination.
The way around my problem was to create a time tag configed as DINT[7] and then use a copy command from my time tag to my UDT. I'm just not sure why I can't go direcly from the local time tag to my UDT using the GSV command.

johnfarrugi said:
I'm just not sure why I can't go direcly from the local time tag to my UDT using the GSV command.

In the attached file, first GSV is used to write down when my process started, the second gsv is used to get clock time ,both TQ_DT01 and Tq01_DT2 use a UDT call DT, and DT contains year, month,day, hour, minute, second and microsecond.

Later on my program I substract TQ01_DT1 from TD01_DT2 and i known elapsed time.