Indirect addressing using Logix5000

Someone has said to me that you can see the memory that each tag has, is this possible?

You certainly can - just double click the data-type that the tag is of, and its "definition", or make-up, is shown, together with the number of bytes of memory each tag will use.

(Note : This will not work for the "Atomic" data-types, BOOL, SINT, INT, DINT, and REAL. These are the "building blocks" that all tag types are made from).

Similar Topics

So I have a problem that I am trying to overcome. I have X amount of motors (I'm trying to make the program scaleable). Let's say that a system...
Replies
Views
I remember a while back somebody asking about how to Indirect address a Logix tag using a string. It is possible. I just stumbled across this tech...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im new to SCL, but decided to start learning it - if only to be able to do some simple jobs such as indirect addressing. got some simple...
Replies
Views
I've got a rung that uses the first pass bit to initiate a For argument. In the Routine named 'Alarm' I have something like this...
Replies
Views
So far all the code i've written for PLC's has been simple ladder logic and I'm sure this will be simple once i know how. I have an s7-300 setup...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom