s7 1200 indirect addressing using real data type

Rob.Hill

Hi,

Im new to SCL, but decided to start learning it - if only to be able to do some simple jobs such as indirect addressing.

got some simple code to manipulate a local temporary register:

IF "Tonnage_Data".Cycle_Complete_Hour_Stamp=5 THEN
#East_Byte_Offsett_Address:= (#East_Current_Skip_Number_Converted-1) * 4 + 1318; // Calculating Dynamic Offsett Address To Tonnage Data DB
END_IF;

IF "Tonnage_Data".Cycle_Complete_Hour_Stamp=6 THEN
#East_Byte_Offsett_Address:= (#East_Current_Skip_Number_Converted-1) * 4 + 1414; // Calculating Dynamic Offsett Address To Tonnage Data DB
END_IF;

IF "Tonnage_Data".Cycle_Complete_Hour_Stamp=7 THEN
#East_Byte_Offsett_Address:= (#East_Current_Skip_Number_Converted-1) * 4 + 1510; // Calculating Dynamic Offsett Address To Tonnage Data DB
END_IF;

The above carries on, but follows the same theme.
I had hoped to use the #East_Byte_Offsett_Address as the ByteOffsett within the POKE command.

However the POKE command cannot transfer data types of real!

Hopefully someone has a suggestion of indirect addressing a real value?

Thanks

Hi,

you have to add the datatype to the POKE function. But there are only binary types possible, like POKE_BYTE, POKE_WORD, POKE_DWORD.
For real values you need an explicit typeconversion.
Code:
#realValue := DWORD_TO_REAL(PEEK_DWORD(area := 16#84, dbNumber := 42, byteOffset := #East_Byte_Offsett_Address));
should do the job.

Why not declare the DB using arrays etc and then use SCL to access data form the arrays by index. The SCL you have written should be ditched.